Friday, August 5, 2011

Judson's Birthday

Well, this is a picture of me the day I became 37 weeks pregnant. I never imagined this would be the last picture of me pregnant with Judson!



I started having some contractions and feeling a little strange on Sunday night the 24th. I continued to have some contractions and feel strange all day Monday the 25th. That night the contractions became much stronger and much closer together. I woke Carlton up around midnight and told him I thought I might be in labor and that we should probably go to the hospital. My husband told me I was just having some contraction and to go lie down on my side in the recliner and I would get better. Well, I did just that and nothing got better!

When Carlton got up to go to work on Tuesday morning I was still having contractions. He decided then to take me up to the hospital and at least get checked. We woke John Turner up around 6:00 that morning and headed up to the hospital. I had dilated 3 cm and was having some contractions. So they wanted me to walk around the hospital for an hour and see if I was still progressing. After an hour of walking, I was at 4 cm. They then decided to monitor me for yet another hour! After that hour I was up to 5 cm and starting to have some stronger contractions. At this point they decided to go ahead and admit me! We were having a baby today!!

Here is us after finally being admitted. We were glad a decision had finally been decided and that we were going to get to meet our baby boy soon!


They ended up breaking my water around lunch that day. And at 4:49 p.m. Judson Taylor Watt made his debut! He weighed 6 pounds 12 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. He was just perfect!





For those of you who know me well, you know my first delivery was not a very happy event for me! Well, I am happy to say that this time everything went perfectly! I got my epidural when I was at 6 cm and I never felt a thing after that! I was also glad to not have to endure 17 hours of labor this time!



Here is my sweet doctor, Dr. Myatt, showing us our new baby boy! So thankful he was there to delivery my baby this time!





Here is one proud daddy! He had two boys now!





Here is Mommy meeting her new baby boy for the first time! I was already in love!





Daddy showing off his new baby to all our family and friends waiting outside.





Daddy at the nursery getting a good look at his new baby boy.





I finally got my baby back later that night. Mommy was ready for some snuggle time!




What a great surprise he was! I never expected when I went to the hospital that morning to get checked that I would be holding my baby boy by 5:00 that afternoon! What a sweet blessing he is to our family!

More to come...

No comments: