Saturday, August 13, 2011

Big Brother

We were all very worried about how John Turner would react to having a new baby in our house. He has been the one and only, the center of every one's world, for almost three years now! We read many books about being a big brother and having a new baby in the house. We talked about how things would change. He didn't really want to talk about the baby all that much while he was in my tummy.



After Judson was born, my mom picked John Turner up from my neighbor's house and brought him to the hospital. It was almost 5:00 when I had him, so they had Judson in the nursery until late that night. John Turner only got to see him through the nursery window the first day. Carlton was in the nursery with Judson when John Turner first went to see him. My mom said he cried and said, "That's my daddy!"



The next day my mom brought him up to the hospital and Judson was in the room with us. He still was not very happy about the baby at this point. He pretty much just wanted my mom to take him back home to play.



When he came back the next day to be with us to take Judson home, he was a little more into the baby. He wanted to help carry his car seat and he wanted to ride in the car with him.



Once we got Judson home, John Turner just transformed into the most amazing big brother! Judson could not ask for a better brother!



He wouldn't hold him for the first couple of days. Then he decided one day he wanted to hold him and now he wants to hold him all day long! If Judson is crying and John Turner holds him, he instantly just calms down! It is amazing!












The first thing John Turner asks me when he wakes up each morning is "Where's my baby?" Yes, he calls him "my baby". It is just precious to hear him say that. He tells everybody we see
"Look at my baby!"





He is a great helper also. He knows how to get me whatever I need for Judson. He loves to help feed him. He also gets on his step stool and watches me change diapers. He is really just wanting to see if brother has pooped! He is obsessed with that! BOYS! He told me the other day that all his baby does is eat and poop! So true!





John Turner really watches out for him already. If we are in another room and he hears Judson cry, he will say, "I've got to go check on my baby". The other day Judson started crying in the car. I heard John Turner tell him, "It's alright, brother. We are almost home and Mommy will feed you".



I am just loving watching my two boys bond! They are going to have such a wonderful time growing up together as brothers!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I love that last pic of the two of them with JT feeding Judson a bottle! Cute!! I hope things are going well!! In about 3 months life will seem like it is back to normal! ha! :D