Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Eve

We started off Christmas Eve with a brunch at my sister's house with my family. We have started this brunch tradition since having kids and I just love it! We come in our pajamas and just have the best time! John Turner got two of his favorite gifts while we were there. He got his very own karaoke machine and a really big fire engine. These are two things he has been asking for lately.


That afternoon we headed over to Carlton's Grandmother's house to do Christmas with his Dad and that part of the family. Santa Claus even made a visit to that one. I wish I would have had my camera. I swear with two kids I barely remember to get dressed before we leave the house!


We didn't arrive back at our house until pretty Christmas Eve night. Judson was beyond exhausted so Carlton bathed him and put him to bed while John Turner and I baked cookies for Santa. This boy was filled with such excitement knowing that Santa was coming to his house that night! This is the first year that he has been this way at Christmas. He has loved everything about it this year. The carols, the stories, the movies etc...He also asked for certain things this year which he hasn't done in the past.


After baby brother was down for the night, we went outside and sprinkled reindeer food on the lawn so Rudolph would be sure to find our house!


We got our cookies and milk ready for Santa. John Turner decided that he should try one of Santa's cookies before bed!


We then gathered around our tree and read " 'Twas the Night Before Christmas" and we read the story of Jesus' birth.




Then is was time to say goodbye to our little elf, Elvin. I never knew how hard it would be on my boy! He just cried big tears and hugged him. He said, "I just love him so much, Mommy!"




After the tearful goodbye, we got him in bed and awaited the arrival of Santa!

No comments: