Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Cookies



My mom, my sister and her kids, and me and my kids got together this week for our annual Christmas cookie baking and decorating. The older the kids get the more exciting this even becomes. Here are the three big ones getting ready to use the cookie cutters.


John Turner loves to roll out his play dough and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. So this activity was right up his alley!



Once they were cut out, baked, and cooled, it was time to decorate!


Carly and John Turner were a little obsessed with the sugar sprinkles. I think almost every cookie was completely covered in sugar sprinkles!!



They were very proud of their hard work!


And here is was sweet thing did all morning! He is the happiest and sweetest thing in the whole wide world! Next year he will be in on the fun!


I love this tradition that my mom, sister, and I started many years ago. It doesn't seem like Christmas season until this event takes place!

No comments: