Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas, Christmas, and MORE Christmas!

Christmas festivities for us began last Saturday. They did not end until last night! We are on Christmas overload!! We began last Saturday at my grandparents' house here in Meridian. Last Sunday we had Christmas at my granparents' house in Needham. On Christmas Eve we cooked and hosted dinner for Carlton's familyat our house. On Christmas morning we had brunch with my family at our house. On Christmas night we went to celebrate at Carlton's grandparents' house. The day after Christmas we went to Carlton's mom's house for dinner. To end it all up, we went to Aunt Linda and Uncle Russell's house last night to celebrate with Carlton's sister and nieces from Florida. It has been such a busy Christmas! It was a little harder doing all of this this year considering we had a 3 month old tagging along wherever we went!
Even though it was a busy time we had a FABULOUS first Christmas with John Turner. We had fun opening his gifts and watching his reaction to everything. We said we weren't going to get him much this year because he is only 3 months old. We had also told others not to really get him much this year. Well....I don't think anyone listened to that including us! He is going to have so much fun with all of his new stuff!!
Carlton and I said we were only buying for John Turner this year and not each other. Well, Carlton began bringing me home little prizes each day for the twelve days before Chistmas. I found a new prize around the house each day. So much fun! On Christmas Eve night I got a wonderful surprise toy from John Turner and his daddy! Carlton bought me a Nikon D90 camera! I was shocked and sooo excited! I love it! I just have to learn to use it now! I have such a sweet husband!

Me with my new toy!


John Turner ready to open his stocking!


Our first Christmas together!


I LOVE my new stuff!!


Where is John Turner????





2 comments:

Christi said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas with JT this year! Isn't it funny how a child can enlighten you to Christmas all over again? We loved it!

Shea said...

Looks like John Turner had a wonferful 1st Christmas! Happy New Year to ya'll!