Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Baby Update

Today we had our weekly check-up with the doctor. We were quite surprised to hear him say that progress has been made! I am 2-3 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced! Carlton and I both knew that I could have already begun to make progress at this point, but when we heard the doctor say it we were a little shocked! The doctor says this doesn't mean that the baby will be here this week, but we are on the right track to have him very soon! We are so happy! You know as soon as I got home I began my "nesting". I am washing clothes, sterilizing bottles, and organizing his room. I am also obsessing over what to pack in our hospital bags. I know, I am crazy right now! I will post again after I go to the doctor next week!

These are a few pics from my shower this weekend!




4 comments:

The Burks Family said...

I have found ya'lls blog! I have also add you to our friend's list so that I can keep up with the arrival of John Turner. Sounds like it won't be long now!
See ya,
Ashley (Jones)

Shea said...

cute pics! he will be here soon!!!

Dorsey said...

Hey Amy,
I was checking on Christi and saw your blog. I am so jealous that you have made progress. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and am still 1cm and 75%, same as last week. By the way, I lost your email in the move so email me when you get a chance. dorseysh@hotmail.com
Good luck with everything!!!!

Christi said...

Woo-hoo!! I'm so proud for you!! I can't wait for John Turner to arrive. Tell Carlton that I EXPECT him to keep this blog updated each day! Clay did it so he can too!! Also, thank you for your prayers and sweet comments you left on our blog-- Clay would come tell me each day what everyone had said and it was such an encouragement! I can't wait for Audrey to meet John Turner. By the way-- the CRNA's will be your best friend!!! :)