Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Update from the iPhone

I honestly hardly ever get out my big camera these days. I always have my iPhone nearby so I just usually pull it out and snap a pic when I need to. So, here is a big update on what we have been doing this month according to my iPhone!

I have just loved having laid back mornings this summer with my boys. We usually head outside after breakfast so that we can play before it gets too terribly hot. The boys usually go out in their pajamas. We sometimes don't take our pajamas off until after lunch. Those are my favorite kind of days! This particular morning the boys were making me a very special breakfast on the back porch.

And then when it gets too hot we strip down to our underwear and play in the water and make mud pies! 

Daddy had to glue down the tracks on the train table this month. The little munchkin in the corner just couldn't quit taking the whole thing apart!


John Turner and I got some one on one time this month. We had a afternoon movie date to see "Brave". It was a fabulous movie and we had a wonderful time. We shared popcorn and chocolate and just enjoyed being able to be by ourselves for a change!

We try to enjoy our new playground on afternoons when it is not too hot. John Turner has now gotten very brave and swings himself very high on his yellow swing.

Judson just like to try to climb on anything he can find!
The boys have spent a lot of time in their new sandbox.


And we have had a whole bunch of rain this month. John Turner loves a rainy day. Judson actually does as well. He will crawl all out in the rain and just play and play. 

Because of so much rain, we have had to set up the tent in the house for the past few weeks. Gran came over one night for a camp out! 

John Turner received five caterpillar larvae in the mail a couple of week ago. He was so excited to see the transformation from caterpillar to butterfly.
As of today, we now have five healthy painted lady butterflies. Cocoon, Coconut, Orange, Bush Hog and Rocket are doing well! We will be letting them take flight very soon!


Judson now loves to play at the water table. John Turner has pretty much outgrown it so it is perfect for Judson to play with while we are outside.

And this little tater tot isn't walking yet, but he is already into everything! He is going to be a climber for sure! He is already about to figure out how to climb the bunk bed ladder! 

John Turner completed the summer reading program at the library by reading 51 books! We are so proud of him! He received this certificate and a whole bag of prizes. 

My precious niece, Carly, celebrated her fifth birthday last week! I can not believe my baby girl is that old! She is my sweet princess! Sissy got her an Easy Bake Oven so she could cook by herself like she wanted to! 

Judson is a little-okay a lot- obsessed with the book "Baby Bear Baby Bear What Do You See?" We have to read it first thing when he wakes up and right before he goes to bed at night! 

Carlton and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary last weekend. My parents kept the boys and we headed down to The Grand Hotel in Point Clear, AL. It was an amazing weekend. We did nothing but get massages, lay around, eat and sleep! 

 Here we are: 11 years, 2 kids, a few pounds and a few wrinkles later!

I had a great weekend, but I was super excited to get these two boys in my lap for some love when I got home! 

No comments: