Friday, January 14, 2011

9 Weeks

We went for our first doctor's appointment for the new baby this week. Everything went well! I had an ultrasound and the baby looked great! It measured at about 9 weeks and 2 days. That puts my due date around August 14th. It had a heart rate of 164! We could see it moving and we could see its arm and leg buds starting to develop. We were very excited to get a good report! When we got home we showed the ultrasound picture to John Turner. We told him this was his baby brother or sister. His response was, " That's a big mountain!". He continues to call it a mountain every time he looks at the picture! HAHA!!!

Here is our first official family of four photo!

(I didn't have a blog until right before John Turner was born. So, I didn't get to journal about my pregnancy with him. I totally regret that! I am planning on doing it with this baby. I probably won't be able to do it every single week, but I do plan to update and post pictures throughout the pregnancy.)

I am 9 Weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 9 weeks
Size of Baby: size of a grape
Total Weight Gain/Loss: no loss or gain yet...
Maternity Clothes: not yet...
Gender: we can't wait to find out
Movement: we got to see the baby moving on the ultrasound, but I haven't felt any movement yet
Sleep: I am up and down all night going to the bathroom right now, so sleep is not so great at the moment!
What I Miss: Nothing really... maybe caffeine and not being able to exercise as much as I was
Cravings: orange juice and salty foods
Symptoms: mostly just feeling tired; had some nauseous moments but no real sickness!
Best Moment of the Week: having the first ultrasound and seeing our baby for the first time!

No comments: