Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Birthday Surprise!

John Turner's birthday party was on September 11th. For those of you who know me well, you know that is my actual birthday. I had been so busy planning and worrying about John Turner's party that I hadn't really given much thought to my own birthday. (That's what happens when you have a child only two days after your own birthday!) Needless to say, I was exhausted after his party. All I wanted to do was relax and watch some Bama football!

Well, Carlton tells me that our friends, Erin and Chad had invited us to their house to watch the game and that his mom was going to keep John Turner since it was a night game. After a lot of begging from him, I gave in and went with him. Thanks goodness I did...

These sweet friends of mine were all there waiting to surprise me for my birthday!

They made this such a special night for me! They had a boa and tiara for their "princess" of a friend! They had my favorite, a strawberry birthday cake, which was heavenly! We ate a lot, laughed a lot, and cheered for the Tide a lot!

They also had me some great gifts to open. My sweet husband surprised me with a special gift while we were there. This picture truly doesn't do this diamond necklace justice! It is stunning in person! That husband of mine is always full of sweet surprises!! Not only did I get this necklace, but I also got the Dyson vacuum cleaner I have been wanting as well!


I truly feel so fortunate to have such amazing friends who care enough about me to make me feel special on birthday! I love each and every one of them dearly!

No comments: