Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stinking Shots!

We had to take John Turner to the doctor for his 6 months shots yesterday. This is what he thinks about those stinking shots!

He did recover from the shots rather quickly! He took a long nap immediately after we left the doctor. When he woke up he was fine. The doctor says he is doing great! He now weighs 16 lbs and is 27 inches long. He is still in the 75th percentile in length but has dropped to the 25th percentile in weight. The doctor says it is normal for their weight gain to slow down because they are more active now.

John Turner (and his mom and dad) are very glad that there are no more shots until 12 months of age!

3 comments:

Christi said...

Poor John Turner!! I'm glad he recovered quickly. I didn't realize they wouldn't get shots at 9 months. YAY!!!

Audrey only weighs 16.2 pounds now and she is 7 months old. I don't know what's up with that child not gaining weight. She eats like a champ (most of the time). I guess I should ask the doctor about it? She's only gained a half a pound since her 6 month appointment. She is VERY active-- maybe that's it? UGH!! Worry! Worry! Worry!!

Kelly Russell said...

He is just precious!! I can't get over how big he has gotten!! We take Rainer back on Friday for his 6 mth shots (somehow we got behind) not looking forward to it!! Rainer weighed 16 lbs last week at the doc if that makes you feel any better!! When we took him for his 4 mth check up he was in the 10% but ever since we have started formula he has gained almost 5 lbs!! I think they are both just perfect. I have no doubt that they want caught up...they do have Watt in them...haha!! Hope all is well!!

Shea said...

Poor baby. Those shots are no fun! I always dread mine getting shots. It hurts my feelings as much as it hurts them.