Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Weekend At Gran And Grandpa's- 10 Weeks Old

On Friday I became a hunting camp widow for the weekend. So John Turner and I decided to pack up and head to Gran and Grandpa's house in Needham. He had never spent the night at their house. I have been reluctant to take him anywhere for the night after what happened the last time we tried it. This time he was perfect! He went to sleep both nights without a sound! I was so proud!
We had a great weekend! Aunt Holly and Cousin Carly came and stayed with us Friday night and spent the day with us on Saturday. My Granny cooked lunch for us on Saturday. She always cooks enough to feed an army! It was delicious! Granny's cooking can't be beat! It was nice for John Turner to get to know his Great Grandmother Turner.
After lunch we went into town for Needham Day. Sounds big doesn't it? Well, Needham consists of a three-way stop and two country stores! If you are from a small country town you know what I am talking about. At Needham Day we walked around and looked at the booths that were set up and talked to some people we hadn't talked to in years. It was a fun way to spend the afternoon!
I enjoyed spending time with my family this weekend. John Turner enjoyed all of the spoiling he received from everyone! We will be heading back to Needham very soon!
We are now at home waiting on Daddy! We have really missed him this weekend!


Playing outside at Gran's House



Don't You Just Love My Chubby Cheeks?



John Turner with his Great Grandmother Turner


John Turner with his Gran


John Turner being spoiled by Aunt Holly(as always!)


4 comments:

Shea said...

You will find that he will sleep better in Choctaw County than anywhere else! It's true. I complained last weekend how Cray was waking once or twice a night; our first time in Butler and he slept all night long! :) It's something about that good ole' country air!

David and Megan Creel said...

He's gotten so big!! I haven't seen ya'll in a while! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Russell Family said...

Amy he is so precious! I can't get over how big our boys are getting...they seem to grow so fast!!! I got Rainer's christmas gown from littlelavender.com. It is an online consignment shop out of birmingham. It is GREAT!! It is a Remember Nguyen and she has marked them down to 6 bucks!! I have bought all kinds of smocked things for like ten... fifteen dollars!! Check it out !! You will get hooked !! When you look on the homepage make sure to click on the name brand sample links below the consignment links... they are all brand new clothes!! Let me know if you find anything!!

The Hill Hangout said...

Yea John Turner! Way to go! It's so nice when you can be a little more mobile!